[OP] Junior Member

Cool 2012 Ambient Lighting Package VS Brabus Ambient Lighting Package

Hello this is my first post on here I just bought a black on black cabrio 2009 Brabus edition a couple days ago and CANNOT stop driving this crazy thing! Love it. Great gas mileage and alot of socially approving comments.

Anyways, I love it but it definately lacks more BRABUS tuning for it. I have sort of a lighting fetish and I want to get pretty much any and all lighting/light up accessories for this thing.

Now I understand that Brabus makes an ambient lightup package using their basic circular 5 LED capsules for the footwells and the exterior (correct me if I'm wrong). But I also see now on the Smart website that they offer new for 2012 an S-Class style EL type interior ambient light up package, amber in color. (and appears a new dashboard to hide the ambient lights)

So my question is - has anyone retrofitted a 2012 ambient light up package to a 2009? Does it involve getting a new dashboard???

And can BOTH packages be installed at the same time, for optimal coo maa fam lighting???

I am going to get the Brabus one for sure, but I need me more info on the 2012 optional ambient package - a VIN of 2012 Smart with that package would help greatly. I can run the VIN on EPC and holla at my parts dept with the work (and by work I mean parts numbers).

Okay well thanks for any info you may have for me. Holla back !

PS I posted this on the other forum too but it looks like this is another place to have such discussion, thanks

My Mod List

2012 Ambient Lighting Package VS Brabus Ambient Lighting Package

No matter what I do ambient lighting wont even come on in any color ford help doesnt know dealer doesnt know anybody have this problem isthere a seperate switch or fuse owners manual useless