Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[OP] Junior Member

My Mod List

New Aussie Member

Hi - My name is Mike and I'm from Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. Just bought a smartfortwo passion coupe. It is white with a black tridion stripe. Matches my white with black stripe FPV GT. (FPV stands for Ford Performance Vehicles).
    will post some pics up when I am allowed.

Cheers Mike

Welcome from Florida, USA!! Enjoy your new smart and watch out for the notorious "mod bug".

Great to see another Aussie on here Mike. Welcomes buddy, you will love what Smart Madness can offer here.

[OP] Junior Member

My Mod List
    Here is a pic of my smart with it's big brother ... Thanks for the welcome guys.

Cheers Mike

Administrator

Welcome to SMART MADNESS!

Enjoy your stay.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brismike View Post
    Hi - My name is Mike and I'm from Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. Just bought a smartfortwo passion coupe. It is white with a black tridion stripe. Matches my white with black stripe FPV GT. (FPV stands for Ford Performance Vehicles).
    will post some pics up when I am allowed.

Cheers Mike
    Just checking in and seeing how you are liking things on the forum?
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

[OP] Junior Member

My Mod List
    Quote Originally Posted by SMARTMADNESS View Post
    Just checking in and seeing how you are liking things on the forum?
    Hi - Yes I like the forum quite a bit. Probably haven't spent as much time on here as I spend on fordforums.com.au .. maybe because my other car is kind of special too haha.

Yesterday I got my smart fortwo coupe tinted. I had the super dark 18% tint done on it. Not quite legal here in Queensland but you would have to get a really mean cop to do you for it.

Got the doors and rear tailgate done and it looks awesome on the white and black car. I'll chuck a pic up shortly. I wanted them to do the roof too but apparently they can't tint Perspex?

I have found that the interior sun blind is really not up to the job here in South East Queensland .. Is there any solution to blocking the sun a bit better?

Cheers Mike

[OP] Junior Member

My Mod List
    Hi .. The Forum is great but I do tend to spend more time on www.fordforums.com.au than here lol.

Had a fault on our smartcar fixed the other day. There was an issue with a broken part on the steering wheel when we picked it up in September. Nothing too serious but they basically replaced the whole steering wheel to fix it. Also got the recall sorted on the wiring at the same time.

Still loving the car but there is one thing that is annoying sometimes. More a user issue than the car I suppose. As you know we drive on the left in Australia, (The correct side I might add). All cars made here, like my FPV GT, have the indicator stalk on the right of the steering column and the windscreen wiper functions are on the left of the steering column. However the steering column in the smartcar is made for driving on the right with the opposite layout. When they put together a left hand drive smartcar they switch the steering column to the right side of the car but leave the indicator and wiper stalks on the original sides.

This isn't a problem really as I have driven in the USA and Europe quite a lot and after a short adjustment time it comes natural as to which stalk to flick when driving on the wrong (Right) side of the road.

The main issue is when i'm back here and switching between the smart and the FPV all the time. Many a time I'm driving my FPV and flick the wipers on to turn left lol. Or I'm driving the smartcar and also flick on the wipers to indicate a turn.

You have to really concentrate to make sure you don't stuff up lol. .. Still loving both cars though.

I also got the smart tinted with 18% tint ... really dark almost black, very hard to see into the car.

I've also got a sticker on the back of my smartcar that says .....

Don't laugh, my other car is a 335 Kw FPV GT.

Cheers Mike

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brismike View Post
    Hi .. The Forum is great but I do tend to spend more time on www.fordforums.com.au than here lol.

Had a fault on our smartcar fixed the other day. There was an issue with a broken part on the steering wheel when we picked it up in September. Nothing too serious but they basically replaced the whole steering wheel to fix it. Also got the recall sorted on the wiring at the same time.

Still loving the car but there is one thing that is annoying sometimes. More a user issue than the car I suppose. As you know we drive on the left in Australia, (The correct side I might add). All cars made here, like my FPV GT, have the indicator stalk on the right of the steering column and the windscreen wiper functions are on the left of the steering column. However the steering column in the smartcar is made for driving on the right with the opposite layout. When they put together a left hand drive smartcar they switch the steering column to the right side of the car but leave the indicator and wiper stalks on the original sides.

This isn't a problem really as I have driven in the USA and Europe quite a lot and after a short adjustment time it comes natural as to which stalk to flick when driving on the wrong (Right) side of the road.

The main issue is when i'm back here and switching between the smart and the FPV all the time. Many a time I'm driving my FPV and flick the wipers on to turn left lol. Or I'm driving the smartcar and also flick on the wipers to indicate a turn.

You have to really concentrate to make sure you don't stuff up lol. .. Still loving both cars though.

I also got the smart tinted with 18% tint ... really dark almost black, very hard to see into the car.

I've also got a sticker on the back of my smartcar that says .....

Don't laugh, my other car is a 335 Kw FPV GT.

Cheers Mike
    We wish we could have the Tint that dark here in California. Good luck!

My Mod List

Thumbs down

I had 5% tint on my brabus... along with a few other, far from OEM 'oddities' which seemed to at least momentarily silence the VicPD officer who pulled me over that rainy night last January...
    Let's just say he was able to compose himself in time to carry out his role of 'Destroyer of All Things Fun & Different'...

I'm really hoping to finally get my car (the tint is still intact) back on the road next week, but Christmas is coming, so maybe I'll shoot for the one-year anniversary...:S
    Kind of makes you wonder, 'Is it's really all worth it?'
    Without a doubt it is.

See you soon, VicPD. See you soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast