[OP] Member

My Mod List

ECU Flash by Smart Madness: My Review

This is my personal review of the latest modification by done by Smart Madness. First I would like to say this Mod is NOT for everyone, but if you are looking for a little more pep in your step this Mod is worth every dime $499.00... Before I break this down, let me explain for the people that don't know what this is. Basically, in layman's terms, Smart Madness has been working on the technology for many years, to get inside the brain (The ECU) of a smart car. Because all new car engines are computer controlled and are controlled by the engine control unit (ECU), all of the settings are preset for the engine by the manufacture, to operate at stock performance. I have always known that there was more power in my engine just for the simple fact that at max speed (90mph) my car's tachometer was only at 4300 RPM when the red line (set by the manufacture) on the tachometer is 6000 RPM. If I could only get inside the brain and get my 1700 RPM I would be happy.

With that said, let's break this Madness Mod down. From 0-60mph is where I noticed the most, that something was different. My car is now quicker off the light and really feels like a different car. I was surprised,,, really surprised... Now from 60-80mph my car basically feels the same except for one thing. I use to say 80mph in my car was the sweet spot on the freeway. Well now 90 is the new 80. Coming back from Long Beach last weekend, I noticed several times that I was at 92mph, That's right CHP!!! I said it,, 92mph!!! and that's not the half of it. Remember though, anything over 92mph is uncharted territory and I have nothing to compare it to since, 99% of all smarts DO NOT exceed past 90mph. So I wanted to see what my car would do wide open, top speed on a flat road, when it was safe, I smashed the gas pedal to the floor and held it there,,,,, and held it, so I backed out of the throttle before I got hauled off to jail and found out the top speed of my car, It was still accelerating when I looked down, I was right at 101mph.. Now people please don't send me hate mail about diving fast. If you have ever been between Vegas and Barstow, you know it's long straight roads. Also to my pals at the California Hwy. Patrol, (really not pals) If you see a bright colored smart car rolling on Interstate 15 at a high rate of speed, Just remember the lyrics to a famous Disney song and "Let it Go" I never did find out the top speed that night, but I have heard rumors it's in the 120's MPH... If I do find out, I sure will post it. the photo's are for the non believers....A special thanks to Smart Madness and the entire Madness Team..... C-ya soon

For us people on the wrong coast (Florida), can the ECU be shipped to you guys for the flash?

Super Moderator

When are you gonna post the pictures?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-LITE View Post
    For us people on the wrong coast (Florida), can the ECU be shipped to you guys for the flash?
    Hey there Z06-Lite! You are correct... You would simply remove your stock ECU and ship it over to us. You can send it overnight, 2 day etc... We would then reflash your ECU and send it back over to you and for that we would cover the shipping. Typically it should get back to you within 3 business days, even less!

If you happen to have any other questions please feel free to shoot me an email - jreyes@madnessautoworks.com

Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

[OP] Member

My Mod List
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MADNESSJohn View Post
    When are you gonna post the pictures?
    I thought I did

[OP] Member

My Mod List
    That was gps tracking at 101mph at about 4700 rpm

My Mod List

ECU Flash by Smart Madness My Review

Just wondering if there are any ecu differences between different trim levels. Im wanting to send an ecu to B&G for a tune and there is a Liberty Renegade near me being parted out. Just want to make sure it wont make a difference since my Liberty is a Limited.