Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[OP] Member

Who's turbo package are you runnin'

Would like to hear your comments...

Well, as you know, I'm running a custom blend. I'm 90% happy with it, but getting that last 10% has been a real b!tch and a steep old learning curve.

I would not recommend going custom to most people. I wouldn't do it again if I knew then what I know now.

If I was to go turbo again, I'd beg you for one. If you wouldn't give me what I wanted, I probably wouldn't turbo my car.

How's that for an answer?

geosynch

smarts own turbo, fitted to the 700cc engine, after six and a half years and just over 30,000miles, absolutely no issues, it's been fantastic

I'm running some POS from Corn Field Country Turbos by some guy that claims to be the daddy of all smart car turbo creations...
    ...the pieces fit was OK...the time to fit it was OK...the quality and workmanship was OK...the performance is not bad...
    ...will I do it again?....you bet your @$$...

jetfuel....POS = partially owned smart..........

...thanks Daddy...
    ...just a 22 seconds car..with a 18 seconds turbo that runs 17...

[OP] Member

Boris , help us out here. You sell SFR kits, where are these guys at ? What do they think? What do you think ? How many do you sale in a month? Which kit is the most popular? Are they selling in the states or going across across the pond ? Is Jack still selling turbos ? New turbo vendors? Is it a dead horse? Talk to us!!

I'm not running a turbo....................yet. But I was told to wait. Well I have waited a long time, Barney are you ready to outfit my car with your latest design yet? I will be in the mid-weird this March. If I need to, I will schedule a few extra days and make a trip out to the corn fields. Having been raised in those fields, I kinda miss them. Have you heard from Malachi recently.
    Junior member? I haven't even shown it to anyone here yet.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BARNEY View Post
    Boris , help us out here. You sell SFR kits, where are these guys at ? What do they think? What do you think ? How many do you sale in a month? Which kit is the most popular? Are they selling in the states or going across across the pond ? Is Jack still selling turbos ? New turbo vendors? Is it a dead horse? Talk to us!!
    Sorry Paul,

Did not see the question, so let me address it.

We still work with SFR and sell and install their kit.

What do I think of the kit? We have it on one of our cars... Rachels and she is happy with it. We recently did a software upgrade on it and it runs much better.

Most are sold to our US customers, but we are building one this week for a customer in Australia.

Stage 2 is the most popular since it retains the factory cat. When folks ask me for feedback I recommend going with stage 2 instead of 3. Getting caught without a catalytic converter is too big of risk and the fine can be pretty hefty.

Jacks turbo... We informed Jack that we would not offer his kit to our customers until he worked out all the bugs and could prove us with proof that the kits would hold up and perform as advertised. Have not heard anything from him since. I think he may have moved on to other projects.

No one else (besides SFR and you) that we are aware of has developed a good working, reliable turbo kit.

Hope that answers helps!
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

[OP] Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I'm not running a turbo....................yet. But I was told to wait. Well I have waited a long time, Barney are you ready to outfit my car with your latest design yet? I will be in the mid-weird this March. If I need to, I will schedule a few extra days and make a trip out to the corn fields. Having been raised in those fields, I kinda miss them. Have you heard from Malachi recently.
    Krusty, I tried to launch the turbo package back in October 2010 by getting 10 people to put a deposit on a kit available now in January. Could muster up only 4-5 interested parties. Will put it on the back burner until enough interest evolves.
    Jet and I will have our turbo cars at the Anniversary meet in Orlando.

I will be looking forward to seeing you there.
    Junior member? I haven't even shown it to anyone here yet.

How is the turbo when driving with the smart's transmission? How is the turbo on the freeway or where is the benefit most apparent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast