[OP] Member

My Mod List

Cool Michalak C7 in the US?

I came across this Smart car kit site - Michalak C7 - that is in Europe. If one bought the kit and made it using a Smart Fortwo, could it be driven in the US? Are there any rules or regulations that could prevent one from driving it on the streets in the US?

[OP] Member

My Mod List
    Michalak C7 Facebook page. It seems to be an un-official page.
    'This Page is automatically generated based on what Facebook users are interested in, and not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with the topic. '
    I want to 'like' it and see what happens.

[OP] Member

My Mod List
    Perhaps this could be a project for Smart Madness to do? Perhaps do a video and photos of it being done?

I tried to get in contact with them but their e-mail does not seem to be working.

[OP] Member

My Mod List

Lightbulb Michalak C7 site

I found this other page - given to me by a post at the World Wide Smarts on Facebook. Michalak C7- Michalak Design. There is a page on franchise. There is a page on construction. There is a guided tour page. There is a contact page.

Perhaps recycle older Smarts into future Michalak C7's?

The MyC7 site.

Super Moderator

That's definitely an interesting looking kit car! I'm not exactly sure what are the guidelines are for kit cars. If we ever decide to do this in the future, we'll definitely look into it!
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

[OP] Member

My Mod List
    Since the Smart Fortwo is only sold in the USA as the electric version / ed, could the Michalak C7 be built using this EV version?

If Geeley - the Chinese company that bought part of Smart - makes the Fortwo, would it be a gas (or electric version or make both a gas and electric version?)? Perhaps one could make the Michalak C7 from it?

My Mod List

Michalak C7 in the US

In it something is. Now all is clear, thanks for the help in this question.