[OP] Junior Member

BMC drop-in filter engine sound?

Just wondering if you might happen to have a comparison video of how the 453 sounds both before and after installing a BMC filter in it. Really thinking about getting one... but really unsure about dropping $80 on an air filter alone.

Administrator

Hello,

We do not have a sound comparison.

We have installed them in both of our 453 smarts and are very very happy with the product. We have been distributing the BMC line of air filters for a couple of years now and love them.

BMC Filters are considered to be the absolute best of all the filters in the marketplace. We have had nothing bust positive feedback from those that have purchased them over the years.

They perform extremely well, out last all other filters, out flow and out filter all the competition. Yes, the filter is not cheap but it will last you the life of the car and due to the design of the 453 air box we believe it is an upgrade that makes sense.

[OP] Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MADNESS Jason View Post
    Hello,

We do not have a sound comparison.

We have installed them in both of our 453 smarts and are very very happy with the product. We have been distributing the BMC line of air filters for a couple of years now and love them.

BMC Filters are considered to be the absolute best of all the filters in the marketplace. We have had nothing bust positive feedback from those that have purchased them over the years.

They perform extremely well, out last all other filters, out flow and out filter all the competition. Yes, the filter is not cheap but it will last you the life of the car and due to the design of the 453 air box we believe it is an upgrade that makes sense.
    Thanks for the response, though i already ordered the filter at this point. haha. Just waiting for it to get here next week.

Still would have been nice to at least hear a sound clip of that prototype CAI you's had. I understand it was noisy (had a CAI on my 1.4L turbo Dodge Dart, and that was significantly louder than stock... and not practically sitting on that cars engine), but still would have been interesting to hear.

When i get mine, i could always try to record a comparison video for you guys. Might not be the BEST quality since i'd be using my phone with a windshield mount stuck to my drivers side windows (so the tach is visible)... but it'd at least be something for the prospective buyer.
    Last edited by elementaldragon; 02-20-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by elementaldragon View Post
    Thanks for the response, though i already ordered the filter at this point. haha. Just waiting for it to get here next week.

Still would have been nice to at least hear a sound clip of that prototype CAI you's had. I understand it was noisy (had a CAI on my 1.4L turbo Dodge Dart, and that was significantly louder than stock... and not practically sitting on that cars engine), but still would have been interesting to hear.

When i get mine, i could always try to record a comparison video for you guys. Might not be the BEST quality since i'd be using my phone with a windshield mount stuck to my drivers side windows (so the tach is visible)... but it'd at least be something for the prospective buyer.
    That'd be great!

Keep us updated.

[OP] Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MADNESS Jason View Post
    That'd be great!

Keep us updated.
    Just figured i'd update.

I DID record a short video for two accelerations, one with the stock filter and one with the BMC drop-in. I've yet to have time to really do anything with them as far as getting them uploaded. There is a bit of noise in the video's that i'd like to try to get rid of first, which i'm assuming is some sort of rattle from the windshield mount i used but wasn't audible until i watched the videos.

I might just throw them together and put them up quick tomorrow until i have time to try to figure out how to get rid of the clicks and rattles, if it'd even be possible without changing everything else in the audio. I will say that it's not easy to tell the difference between the two, but the most notable difference I've noticed is that it seems like the turbo spooling up is a bit louder in the cabin.