Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh absolutely leave them in and connected! I did on mine and I think Digger did too.
    By having them still inn use it will add just that last little bit of direction to the sound.
    As far as I know the stock radio is just a two channel unit with all the different out puts (doors and tweeters) all in parallel with each other EXCEPT when the sub is added. It takes one side of its signal from the door on the left (?) and the other from the right side tweeter (?) ((I may be reversed on the channels but you get the drift)). There is a way to get the sub to the same set of wires for the doors or in my case with the tweeters if you so decide to change the radio out. Doing the slight wiring change allows me to "balance " my Polks with the stock sub and tweeters.
    smart.........SIZE MATTERS!!!!!

[OP] Senior Member

I do have a Pioneer premier radio hooked up so the radio has already been changed, but i was just worried that the crappy OEM tweeters might affect the sound of my music when the OEM tweeters start distorting.
    -President of the Smart car Connecticut chapter.

-Any man who drives a smart car is very, very secure with themselves and does not feel that they need to compensate.

-It's nice to have over a thousand people come up to your car in amazement and take pictures and ask questions and have these incredible looks when they see the NOS bottle or the purge setup. It makes everything I've done worth it.

I don't think that will be a problem. My Pioneer 4200dvd works just fine AND usually I don't play it too quietly! If in doubt, try them connected and if for some reason you don't like it,disconnect them.

[OP] Senior Member

My fear though is that if I remove the tweeters, there won't be a load on the HU and I could fry an internal amp on the HU.

-Any man who drives a smart car is very, very secure with themselves and does not feel that they need to compensate.

-It's nice to have over a thousand people come up to your car in amazement and take pictures and ask questions and have these incredible looks when they see the NOS bottle or the purge setup. It makes everything I've done worth it.

I 'm not going to say yes you won't fry an amp or no it will work just fine. I've dealt with Pioneer about some questions about my radio and they replied rather quickly.....That may be the best route to go...ask the creator.

Here's their linky thing

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/

Although , looking at my install sheets, they say that if you are using a two speaker set up to only use the "front" outputs and not connect anything to the "rear" soooooo......

Yeah ,contact Pioneer to be sure

I left mine in.
    WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

[OP] Senior Member

Hooked up and left in?

The requirements appear to be unregistered (no uncertainty to secure the element from embarassment) - you would have to run them through impartial examining to obtain the real requirements for these.

My Mod List

Specs of Factory Speakers

so i just connected using 1/8 stereo plug from tv directly to speaker and no sound. I checked to ensure it was not the cable. Input on speakers is 1/8 has 2 - one on sub which is used for main connection and one on volume remote for aux and tv has 1/8 output. ???? any other ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12