Thread: $100k Razor

[OP] Senior Member

$100k Razor

Source 1:

$100,000 can buy many things: a brand new sports car, a boat, or a ridiculously luxurious vacation, just to name a few. But if you already have a new Audi in your driveway, a yacht at the marina, and just got back from a trip around the world, perhaps you'd rather drop your cold hard cash on a limited edition iridium razor. The pricey item is crafted by Zafirro, a company which seems to have just one product in its lineup, and just 99 of the "Zafirro Iridium" razors will be made.

The handle of the razor is made entirely of iridium, an extremely scarce and expensive metal that is so dense it could survive a drop into molten lava. Most iridium that appears on Earth is the result of crashed meteorites. The blades of the beast are made from artificially grown sapphire, making them hypoallergenic, not to mention many orders of magnitude sharper than your average Bic. The company boasts a 10-year blade life, and backs it up with free sharpening for a decade if the razor ever dulls.

The Zafirro Iridium, while promising "generations" of enjoyable use, is clearly made for the millionaire who already has everything. The company says the upgrade from a traditional razor to the $100,000 model is like changing from a CB radio to an iPhone, but unless your morning shave takes place at the mouth of a volcano, we're not sure it's worth it.

Source 2:

So what does a man who already has everything, buy for himself? How about a unique razor whose manufacturer says is like making the leap from a CB radio to an iPhone. Thatís probably because this unique razor is made from the rarest, strongest and the most technically advanced materials known to man. One of which is iridium, which gives the razor its name.

Iridium is the second densest element, the most corrosion-resistant metal and is ten times more rare than platinum because the element is mainly derived from meteorites. Iridium is durable even when exposed to temperatures as high as 3600 degrees Fahrenheit which is probably why it is commonly used in rocket engine components. The razorís handle is made of 99.95% iridium which may be a bit of an overkill considering the hot water it will be exposed to wonít be any higher that 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Nevertheless, if you shave near a lava flow youíll be covered.

In addition to its iridium handle, the razor comes with pure sapphire blades which are resistant to oxidation and corrosion, hypoallergenic and more durable than any other shaving blade. The sapphire blade is also extremely sharp with a blade edge that is 5000 times thinner than a human hair. The razorís manufacturer, Zafirro, will service, clean and resharpen the razor as necessary for a period of ten years. The razorís handle and sapphire blades are complimented by 99.5% pure platinum screws which offer a purity greater than most expensive jewelery.

Due to the limited supply of iridium, Zaffiro has limited manufacturing of the Iridium razors to only 99. Thatís probably a good number since a lot of people would probably take a pass on the Iridum razor after seeing its price. After all, thereís not a lot of folks who would be willing to spend $100,000 on a razor.

Source 1: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_techne...00-for-a-razor

Source 2: http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-ce...azor-20110621/
    -President of the Smart car Connecticut chapter.

-Any man who drives a smart car is very, very secure with themselves and does not feel that they need to compensate.

-It's nice to have over a thousand people come up to your car in amazement and take pictures and ask questions and have these incredible looks when they see the NOS bottle or the purge setup. It makes everything I've done worth it.

Really??? Anyone who would actually purchase this item really needs to reconsider other options that their money can buy. Things like feeding the homeless, building a battered womens shelter, or my smartmadness fund. All of which are phenominally more important than some silly razor for $100K.

Super Moderator

$100K? Ouch!

I still complain about the cost of the replacement blades for my Gillette ($40+!).

I think the guy that is considering buying one of these should instead stop by our shop. We can do a REAL nice custom smart for a bit less than that.
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

That is just CRAZY......
    WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

[OP] Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMARTMADNESS View Post
    $100K? Ouch!

I still complain about the cost of the replacement blades for my Gillette ($40+!).

I think the guy that is considering buying one of these should instead stop by our shop. We can do a REAL nice custom smart for a bit less than that.
    You could do a smart and a Fiat fully loaded for much less than the razor. I think using the two cars would be more fun than the razor anyway.
    -President of the Smart car Connecticut chapter.

-Any man who drives a smart car is very, very secure with themselves and does not feel that they need to compensate.

-It's nice to have over a thousand people come up to your car in amazement and take pictures and ask questions and have these incredible looks when they see the NOS bottle or the purge setup. It makes everything I've done worth it.

The hell? 3 cars worth of razor??? That's insane!

My Mod List

100k Razor

You are correct, this does rock. I havent seen Razor yet, and now Im very intrigued. I bought it on DVD just 2 days ago, Im looking forward to it