[OP] Super Moderator

Upcoming forfour info

Renault is getting ready to reveal their new Twingo model that is going to be sharing the new rear wheel drive platform with the upcoming smart forfour.

Here is a picture of the new Twingo and some info on the car that may be relevant to us (smart car owners) since this car and the upcoming forfour will be platform sharing.

Here is the article:

Renault unveils new-look Twingo

The refreshed Twingo, shown, has sharp styling.

Article courtesy of Paul McVeigh
    Automotive News Europe

Renault has released a picture of its refreshed Twingo, which the company says will be the first production vehicle to show the brand's new design identity.

The updated Twingo will debut at the IAA in Frankfurt in September. The car gets a new front end with a larger Renault logo and it will go on sale shortly after being shown in Frankfurt.

The Twingo upgrade is a "quick and dirty" mid-life face-lift rather than an all-new vehicle, Renault's new design chief Laurens van den Acker told Reuters earlier this month. "We've tried to give the car more personality, so that you feel you're connected with it," he said.

Production of the four-year-old Twingo in Novo Mesto, Slovenia, dropped 14 percent to 153,599 vehicles in 2010, almost three times the rate of the European auto market's overall decline.

The new Twingo is limited to upgrades of the front and rear end, "because the investments are otherwise too high," van den Acker said.

The Twingo will be replaced in 2013 by a new model based on a new rear-wheel drive platform shared with smart's future four-seater model.

Renault said Chief Operating Officer Carlos Tavares will reveal more details of the Twingo on September 13 in Frankfurt.

The next-generation Clio subcompact will be van den Acker's first complete overhaul of a Renault model since joining the French carmaker in 2009. The vehicle, which will be premiered next year, has more "muscular" lines, he told Reuters.
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

It looks like a mad Golf. "Grr, I am an angry Volkswagen, git out of mah way!" =)

I think ity looks ok. nothing to striking about it. looks like most cars have a Twingo looking car in the line up.
    WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

[OP] Super Moderator

After some high level meetings we can tell you that the forfour project that Penski was working on is still on! We should hear and see some details soon.
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

sweet, That is what we need here in the US. different market to some extent
    WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

My Mod List
    It seems there is a Forfour but from Mercedes instead of Pennske. I think having a Forfour would broaden the appeal of the Smart brand. I think a new Roadster would also do that too.

My Mod List
    I read that the Smart Forfour won't be coming to the US. I read that it was because there were too crowded market for similar vehicles. Personally a Forfour would broaden the appeal of the Smart brand and be more appealing since more would buy a four door / four seat car than the would a two door / two seat car.

There was plans for a AWD version of the Forfour. With the regular Forfour not coming here, perhaps the AWD won't make here either.

I am hoping they will change their mind. I am also hoping they create a new roadster and bring it to the US to sell.

My Mod List

Talking 2016 Smart Forfour