Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stealth mode

My Mod List
    I'll get some better pics of the Smart soon. I had it tinted the same as the GT which is also 18% .. very dark.

You were nearly right about the big car. It is an FPV GT. (Ford Performance Vehicles). Based on the Aussie Falcon 4 door Body but with the American Ford Mustang 5.0 Engine (With a bolted on Supercharger). Not a 351 which refers to the older 1970's Falcon GT's. The 351 related to the cubic inches displacement of the engine which was 351 Cubic Inch or 5.7 Litres. Mine is a Boss 335 (335 Kilowats) which is how engines in Australia are metrically measured now. 335 Kw is about 455 Horsepower. The old 351 GT's had about 300 Horsepower.

Took that pic of the GT outside of the factory where she was built in Melbourne, Victoria. I was down there on a road trip holiday. Melbourne is 1650 kilometres from where I live in Brisbane.

The Smart is not quite as powerful but uses about a quarter of the fuel haha.

Cheers Mike

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brismike View Post
    I'll get some better pics of the Smart soon. I had it tinted the same as the GT which is also 18% .. very dark.

The Smart is not quite as powerful but uses about a quarter of the fuel haha.

Cheers Mike
    Thanks for sharing that Mike, we look forward to the updated pics of your smart!
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

My Mod List
    Ok .. I spent some time giving the Smart a clean and seeing as it was a nice day took the opportunity to take a few pics ... I have done a few Mods too .. check em out ... Enjoy.

Steering Wheel on the correct side of the car ....

Sat Nav Mod - A Tablet that I fitted myself. Runs Igo Primo, TomTom, Garmin etc. Turns on and off automatically when the car starts and stops. Hooked up to a reverse camera too.

Wife Mod - Some collapsible box things we use in the back of the Smart to stop stuff rolling about. Got em cheap in Kmart.

Dual Tailpipe Mod ... Got it off Ebay and fitted it myself ... Looks heaps better than the weedy standard pipe.

Fake Brembo Mod ... Again got em off ebay and trimmed to suit .. Just stuck over the standard calipers with a bit of silicone.

Couple of interior Shots

Mercedes Benz Badge Mod ... From Ebay . . just sticks on.

A few general pics showing the 18% Tint .. Only done to the side and rear windows of course.

Cheers Mike
    Last edited by brismike; 05-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.

My Mod List
    Hope you guys liked those pics of my 18% tint and the mods I have done?

Cheers Mike

Your car looks really good and I like your mods. I see you made the same mistake I did at first. On the Brembo caliper cover, the bleeder screw (covered with rubber cap) goes toward the top of the cover.

My Mod List
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-LITE View Post
    Your car looks really good and I like your mods. I see you made the same mistake I did at first. On the Brembo caliper cover, the bleeder screw (covered with rubber cap) goes toward the top of the cover.
    I wasn't sure which way they went. I'll leave em for now but when I need to do any work on the brakes I'll fix up the mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Mike
    Last edited by brismike; 05-06-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Super Moderator

Hope you guys liked those pics of my 18% tint and the mods I have done?

Cheers Mike
    Wow Mike, your smarts looking great! Tasteful mods all around, nothing too over the top. The brembos really are what really set your car and of course it being RHD
    Check out www.smartmadness.com for the largest selection of smart car Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

Buying or selling a smart car? Check out www.smartcarclassifieds.com

I wasn't sure which way they went. I'll leave em for now but when I need to do any work on the brakes I'll fix up the mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Mike
    When I realized my mistake, I just flipped the covers side to side. The silicone glue had only been on a day or two and came off fairly easily. I went to the Brembo web site to see my error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12